Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Such an hilarious gig. We had an amazing posse on the side of the stage up on a step with a perfect view of the band and the crowd. The crowd were mental - naturally. Only at a Brain Jonestown gig would a microphone stop working, a snare drum malfunction and guitar strings break. Oh and a guitar stopped making noise for no reason at one point. So funny. Favourite moment was when the main dude, notorious headcase, Anton, said to the drummer something to the affect of - if you're not going to do it right don't do it at all. Oh boy. And pretty much the whole audience were on drugs. Far too sober for the kind of behaviour that surrounded us. I got groped by a 40 year old man on my way out. Classic. Oh and the tambourine dude ruled. How does one score a gig as the tambourinist for the Brian Jonestown Massacre? Not that I intend in any way to undermine the complexity of the tambourine and his masterful playing of it.
I just cant believe I paid as much to see the Brian Jonestown Massacre as I have paid in the past to see Die! Die! Die!. So blimmin' cheap here!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment