Thursday, 1 April 2010

PORTUGAL - Part Four: Niki eats cake and reflects.

Last day in Lisbon. A much more relaxed day.
Began with a trip to the much more modern part of the city.
We went to the aquarium. So cool. It was organised by ocean. Huge as well. Cool.

Then back to Julia's house for lunch. Opposite Julia's house is a Theatre museum and a huge public garden. So we went for a wander. Such nice weather too. Nice weather all week - 15 to 26 degrees. Not bad. The sun felt so hot, yet not burning. See, in Europe they have this magical thing called an ozone layer. Hmmm.
This is Julia's house from the Theatre museum. Top floor, left.
The museum has a cafe too. Num num.What a lovely way to celebrate the end of classes.

Portugal is such an amazing country. I would never have thought to go there if I hadn't met Julia. Very very glad I did. She was so good to me. Espresso every morning, lovely dinner every night, a bottle of Port as a leaving gift, and an Easter egg. I was spoilt rotten.

Thank you so much Julia! I promise to spread tales of Portugal's splendour far and wide. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment