Something really radical
occurred today... I went to uni, went to the library and sat there for a solid four hours making notes, and learning things.
Thought a walk through the West End on a relatively pleasant spring afternoon warranted a few pictures. What follows is representation of all the sights that have become very familiar over the last 2 months. Prepare yourselves, this is going to be quite a long post.

This is a shot down
Oban Drive, my residence is over my right shoulder in the distance. Its ugly so I
haven't taken a picture of it.
Every time I walk past these tenements I wish I lived in them...

The row of shops on Queen Margaret Drive.

The roundabout at the end of Queen Margaret Drive. The spire in the middle is the Oran
Mor, a night club.

I walk past this house everyday and always think about how much I love pot plants.

The Oran
Mor. That ring around the spire glows blue at night and there are flashing swirling coloured lights all around it.
Irn Bru retailer. Blockbuster.

My favourite place in the West End - Heart Buchanan. Its a deli and cafe. They have incredible coffee and even better tarts and cakes and fun treat yummy good things.

Byres Road. The main road in the West End.
Fopp!
CDs, books and
dvds. Fun. Not as fun as amazon.co.uk though.... yikes.
That's dangerous.

The
Hillhead subway station - lifeline to the city centre.

Ashton Lane - very trendy. Also very pretty. I get to walk down here everyday. At night the fairy lights make it even prettier.

Ketchup -
amazing burger bar. 2 for 1 lunch.
Gooood.

Jess and I went in for a burger stop on our way to the library.

Uni, complete with students.

The
QMU is the better of the two unions - pints are 1.50 every day. Excellent.

The history department is in a tenement that used to house professors back in the day.

The path up to the library and the Fraser Building. Fraser building is a bit like the link, but
shitter.

Jess looking out the window of the sixth floor of the library at the
clocktower. I really miss the
Otago library. Its not appreciated enough.
I'm considering writing a congratulatory letter to the architects, and suggesting they should have a word or two to Glasgow.
Hopefully that
wasn't too tedious. I did promise Rachel a virtual tour, but getting someone to film me walking down Byres Road would have been vaguely mortifying. Thought this was a better option.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment