Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Good ole St Paddy

Happy St Patricks Day everyone!
Most of you know about the special place St Patrick holds in my heart. To date, there have been some very memorable St Patricks Days. 2005: Drogheda played for Don Brash and Gerry Brownlee in the Bailles beer garden.... yikes. 2008: Niki went for a guiness with Rachel Chin -that girl from her theatre class who had a cool gingham dress. (This out of class activity was the first of several that secured a long lasting friendship) Photo of this occassion to the right:

In honour of this significant and life changing occasion, today, St Patrick's Day, I ordered a Guinness and then risked my Glaswegian reputation by asking if I could have a straw. The bartender was not amused. Worth it.
This one is for you Dyke Pikelet.

Jess, Jacqui and I literally ran from class to the pub.
We went to Jinty McGinty's in Ashton Lane.It was cool.
Particularly after having spent two days straight in the library. Trond and I have been excellent study buddies. Mum - you would like him a lot. He makes me wear a seat belt and he makes he feel bad for going on facebook when I should be studying.

Lyall's t-shirt says 'Irish by birth, Cork by grace of god.' Apparently, those from Cork are staunchly proud of the fact. Lyall is not from Cork. Poser.

We stole some balloons

This is Lyall and Gen. Gen is from Dublin. An asset on such a day
Granny - this is me with some house whiskey on the rocks.
Thought you'd be proud.

Home by 11, sleep time. Ready for a largely library orientated day tomorrow. Groan. Entirely my own fault. Shouldn't have left this all to the last few weeks. But, from the 26th I am FREEEEE!

xx

P.S. Disappointing hair stroking for the day. Total: one middle aged woman, 4.30pm, Jinty McGinty's bathroom. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment