The transport museum was cool too. This was the best bit. Teheheee.
Hopefully you can all see Hedwig there on the back seat of Mr Weasleys car.
I love that I travel thousands of miles and manage to make friends with so many people that have an equally manic appreciation for Harry. Jess was talking about going to the actual castle that is near Edinburgh that is used as the base for the Hogwarts shots. Like they digitally make it bigger and add turrets and things. KEEEN!
Then we went for lunch in a cosy pub. So wonderful. On the way it started snowing! Jess, Phil and I (Jess and Phil being Australian) were so excited and danced around a bit. The Canadians and Scandenavians were not as excited. They found our excitement very amusing. Trond (from Norway) says its -30 at his home at the moment. Meanwhile its 42 in Melbourne. Crazy crazy.
This is me and Jess in the snow.
After lunch - we were inside for ages mainly to stay warm, but its so lovely inside all these pubs. But eventually we ventured back outside and Jess, Phil and I went vintage shopping. Oh so many beautiful things. All expensive but I am comparing it to the likes of the $2 clothing warehouse which I shouldnt. I bought a magnificent cardigan - Phil said I look like a stained glass window in it. It was about NZ$40, which isnt bad. Seriously some stuff is so much more expensive. I suppose the majorly positive thing about the vintage situation is that I hopefully wont buy so much that I cant bring it home.
One final image for the day - me in front of Hogwarts. aka Glasgow Uni. Isn't it pretty in the snow.
What a magical magical day. Tonight all the international students are going to a Ceilidh dance party!! ALL FOR MAIRIS WEDDING!! I have a feeling the mad skills learnt at Cathros birthday are going to come in handy.
Lots of love
I spelt something wrong now I read over it. It should be 'scandinavian'. My apologies to Trond and Attu.
ReplyDelete