Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Op Shopping

Ok, so op shops first of all are called 'Charity shops'. The phrase 'op shop' is unheard of. I can't shake the habit of calling them that though. They are all affiliated with major charities - the Heart Foundation, Oxfam, Cancer Research etc.
Secondly, they are crap here. Mega crap. Ryan would probably keel over and die in despair. No $2 fill a bag here my friends.
Admittedly I've only been into five so far but everything is minimum £4. Thats what... $10ish. Not cool man. And the selection is very savemart. Stuff that is 'fashionable'. Hardly any retro sections. Bethy would also not approve.
This is the West End for god sakes! Hipster centre of Scotland! I must be missing something. I will have to search harder. Maybe the hipsters are just mega rich. But they are students! Ok, its only day 6 of 183. That gives me plenty of time to find the underground retro op shopping scene. I will inform you all the minute I find it.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment