Sunday, 4 July 2010

IRELAND

Because Maddy and I are too young to hire a car- goddammit - we took a tour around Ireland. Although some of the tour group were complete knob heads we had a good time and got to see a lot of cool stuff. I have loaded lots of photos. We just saw so many awesome things that I couldn't choose.
Pretty. It was a fishing cottage used by monks some ridiculously long time ago. Inside is a hole in the floor for fishing. Clever monks.

How picturesque. One of many miscellaneous castles we passed on our travels.

Ireland has very dramatic landscapes. This used to be the ocean floor in prehistoric times.

Beach.

Green
Baby cow!

Frolicking in the Irish countryside

Gingers in Ireland!

Galway - Galway is magical.

The most incredible Irish band ever. They really were spectacular.
The Cliffs of Moher! Beautiful. Used to film the Cliffs of Insanity in the Princess Bride and ALSO to film the exterior shots of the cave scene in the 6th Harry Potter film. Cooooool.


Cute pub in the village of Annascual.

Adorable teahouse in Dingle.
We went on a horse ride in Killarney! It ruled


We happened upon a carnival!!!

We went to Blarney Castle. It was so awesome. The castle is amazing. And you can properly explore the place.

Blarney Stone!Blarniki kissed the Blarney Stone! (Granny, I swear it was urine free.)

The fairy grotto at Blarney. IT RULED!

Goodbye useless change, hello Irish luck!

Drinking a Guinness at the storehouse. I pulled the pint myself! What a pro. Dad would have been so proud.

Ireland was awesome. An excellent finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment