Sunday, 4 July 2010

Final Post

So, Im going to catch a plane tomorrow (4 planes actually...) back to AOTEAROA! 6 and a half months later Im very glad to be going home. No more hostels. No more uncomfortable beds. No more manky showers! All these things are very exciting. And I can't wait to see everyone. I leave with no regrets. I feel sure I made the most of this overseas experience. The first of many hopefully. I have Maddy as my inspiration. 42 countries in her 21 years. Not too shabby. This trip has bumped me to 20 countries in 20 years. If I live to be 192 I will see them all! There really is no better way to learn about the world than to see it. This trip has been AMAZING. I met such excellent people. Lots and lots of wonderful people. Who I definitely have not seen the last of. Glasgow was a fantastic city. Yes, it was all rather excellent.

But, home time!!! Whooohoooo! There really is nowhere better in the world than New Zealand. I leave on Tuesday 13.00GMT and arrive in NZ at noon on Thursday. Wednesday completely disappears thanks to the vagaries of the date lines. So for Christchurch folk reading this - come visit me on Friday. Hopefully I will have recovered sufficiently by then to converse with you in a vaguely upright position. Mum said she would provide mini spring rolls! And I intend to brew a very large pot of tea :) There may even be cake. I should be at Kowhai Tce alllll day.

And Dunedinites - I will see you Saturday!!! Whooohoooooooo! And thanks to the lovely Rachel Chin and the residents of Haddon Place I will definitely see all of you on Thursday night! And there will be plenty of onion dip and chocolate fish (not together......necessarily).

Oh and Bethy - see you on Saturday too. You useless Timaru visiting individual.

See all you kiwi folk very sooooon!

xx

1 comment: