I love the people. I love the laxed out attitudes. I love the style. I love the fashion. I love the oddities. I love the bicycles. I love that everyone is just so chilled out. I love that youth have made this city their own. I love the music. I love the atmosphere.
GLORIOUS!
And the sun was shining too. Such a good day.
This morning we went out to the East Side gallery. It’s a 1.3km section of the Berlin wall that has been preserved and painted by lots of different artists from all over the world. It’s a freedom memorial – its really cool. And its all been repainted last year for the 20th anniversary which was cool.
Then we walked into Eastern Kreuzberg – a pretty cool part of Berlin. It was a poor part of the old West Berlin - most of the hip places now are in the former East Berlin – but Kreuzberg was really cool.
We wandered around – actually wandered past a fashion shoot at one point that was going on under the railway tracks, generally amusing – then we found a vegetarian burger place we had read about called Yellow Sunshine. It was amazing. A vege burger is totally a proper burger.
Then we went north to the old East Berlin bits of the city and just wandered and explored. We found some amazing little boutiques. Lots of really cool books shops. An excellent underground vintage boutique. It was a gooooooood afternoon.
This was an alleyway we wandered down – so funky.
Then we went up these stairs to a cool book, art, poster shop. Look at the stairs!
Amazing amazing day.
Had cheap as thai food for dinner that was excellent. So tasty. Then had a beer (€1!) and ooofffff to bed. So much walking occurs during the day that by night we are knackered. Worth it though. I LOVE BERLIN.
No comments:
Post a Comment